Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back Again

Wow. It is amazing how things can just get away from you. We are finishing up our fourth week of school tomorrow. How time flies! I know that I have a lot to catch up on including three birthdays and a summer of fun. But, in my limited amount of time tonight, I wanted to show you our poor son and his new contraption. Thanks to the Ure side of the family, Anthony has my mouth and gets to wear what is called a palatal expander with a head gear (very similar to what I had to do). The palatal expander is attached to his back teeth and runs across the top of his mouth. Every night we take a little gadget and widen it one notch. Then, he gets to sleep in the lovely thing that you see here. Luckily he only has to wear it at night. The first week was a challenge. He couldn't eat and it was hard to sleep. He is getting used to it although he has lost about 10 pounds. Good thing he isn't a tiny guy or I'd be worried. I am looking forward to a long weekend and hopefully catching up. I promise there is much more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that poor guy!! I feel so bad for him! He is a trooper to put up with that. I'm thinkin' it's a pretty good diet plan. Maybe I should try it. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That looks absolutely terrible! How in the world does he sleep. What are orthodontists thinking. Do they want everybody to be tramatized or what? However, 10 pounds, hmmm... Sounds good to me! Still a cutie, though, even with a silver line running down the middle of his face. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete