Sunday, August 30, 2009

Funnies

Some funny things have happened this past month. I wanted to share them. Here they are:

Nathan's Funny

The other day I stayed home with Nathan. He had been running a fever and really wanted me to stay home with him. He had been feeling better but was just laying on the couch. This is what he said to me: "Mom, I really need my blanket. If you don't go get it, your really not a very good mom."

How's that for MANIPULATION!

Spider Experience

Matt and I were watching television when we heard Anthony say, "Dad, there is a really big spider in the hall." When I went to check it out, I found the biggest spider that I have ever seen! Matt grabbed the bug spray, but I wanted my camera since I knew that you would all be amazed at the size of it. So, we were all standing around, staring at it, trying to figure out how to get past it and get my camera without scaring it.

All of a sudden, here came Jaylyn running down the hall. We all started yelling "no, Jaylyn, stop" but she just laughed, thinking that we were all funny. You guessed it...bare feet and all...she stepped on the spider. Even worse than her having bare feet was the fact that as she stepped on it, baby spiders scattered. Matt acted quickly with the bug spray, while I was jumping up and down yelling in the kitchen, and Jaylyn was still laughing, oblivious to what had just happened
.

Matt got all of the babies and we made sure the mama spider was dead. I cleaned the carpets this weekend and as soon as we pay the bug man for the last time he came, we are getting him here again. What we did learn is that Arizona has a spider called a wolf spider, and thank goodness they are harmless. However, they carry their babies on their backs. That's Arizona for you.

Pizza Party

Matt went to Utah a couple of weekends ago. The kids and I made homemade pizzas. They had a good time rolling out their dough and making their own individual pizzas. We missed Matt but made the best of it.

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I cannot believe she stepped on the spider with her bare feet! It made me all itchy just thinking about all those babies scattering everywhere. On a less creepy note, those pizzas look yummy! Do you have a good dough recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spider story gave me the shivers! Wolf spiders are so gross and ugly.. I can't believe she stepped on it with bare feet, and oh the babies everywhere.. I just shivered again thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you had already told the story to me, I still got grossed out reading it. Is Nathan liking Kinder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had wolf spiders in our garage and they are HUGE and hairy and ugly. (I hate spiders anyway, but they are really gross!) I just had a flashback of our first week together as companions in Modena with all those cockroaches. That was the most disgusting thing ever, but wolf spiders are a close second. More than once I've been surprised when I walk around to get in my side of the car and there is a HUGE spider right where I want to step. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spider story--Gave me the creeps!! No matter what Nathan says, you are a good mom. Thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete